Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Adventures Of Two Photographers...

...on the quest for the perfect location. Tricia (another photographer friend) knew of a sweet spot with a faux beach of sorts on the river & wanted to show me.

So away we go, with four kids in tow - a seven year old, two four year olds & an infant.

Got there, and noticed the mud. Oh my gosh, the mud. I'm not talking "well, it's a little muddy out there" mud, either.
Trisha was the first to get stuck...up to her knees. Oh yes, I'm not kidding. Her knees.
She got free, and we considered aborting the mission to actually get to the beach. Just then a group of folks showed up & were determined to get to the river beach. And they did. So we thought, if they can do it so can we!
They carried the kids thru for us & showed us a pretty good path.

She made it.

Then it was my turn to get stuck....up to me knees. Oh yes, I'm not kidding. My knees.

I got rescued by one of the guys & we all said a hurrah of sorts. Washed off in the river, snapped a few shots, let the kids play a bit...then realized that we were going to have to go thru the mud to get back to the van.

Oh great.

The very nice guys helped us again, thank God. They took the babies across again & even put down logs for us to use to get across. Well wouldn't you know it - I got stuck again.
sigh.
You know, during all that crazy stuff, I managed to keep the cameras alive and well. Was up to me knees in mud, and kept the cameras safe. That's talent, don't you think?

All in a day's work, I suppose.

Trisha's Jackson & a shot of my Rachel. Oh, and a shot of our heros out in the river. We weren't going to go thru all that & not shot any pictures for Pete's sake!










~E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures of you two stuck in the mud? LOL! Rule #1 of helping someone out of getting stuck in mud: "If there is a camera - pictures MUST be taken!"